When looking for an essential oil company to align ourselves with, we couldn’t go past dōTERRA. And before you turn up your nose at a “multi-level marketing” company, we urge you to read on. We certainly didn’t get “sucked in” or choose the first company we came across. We are logical, methodical people. So here are just a few reasons why they are our essential oils of choice, and why we proudly support the dōTERRA mission.
- Quality. Not only does the team love their product, they are 120% committed to ensuring every single essential oil bottle is of the highest quality. The company was started by a team who weren’t happy with the quality they were finding in other oils. There were no industry standards or quality checks. So dōTERRA went about creating their own – Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG). To date no other essential oil brand reaches this standard in all their essential oils. Every single bottle is not just tested by the distillers, then dōTERRA scientists, but they are also sent off for third party testing.
- Indigenous sourcing. The essential oils are sourced from all around this beautiful Earth, and only from where they naturally thrive. Which means they’re not only of the highest purity and potency, but also the highest therapeutic value (think bang for buck).
- Passionate team. Not only with the Wellness Advocates, and at the corporate office, and in the science labs, but the passion and dedication is evident all the way back at the growers. Take a look at some of the videos below, and it’s easy to see they LOVE what they do.
- Support for growers. dōTERRA pay above award wages, up to 4 times the pay they may have received from other companies. They also pay these wages every month, rather than seasonally, so the workers have a guaranteed income year-round.
- Philanthropy. dōTERRA build cooperatives all around the world, and support their farmers to ensure they are taken care of. doTERRA have created the Healing Hands Foundation that works world-wide to provide much needed support in a variety of ways. They have supplied running water for the farmers in Haiti (where Vetiver comes from). They created 1,000 jobs in Nepal since the earthquake, provided temporary and now permanent homes, food and hygiene kits, an earthquake proof school. dōTERRA & Healing Hands swallow all the costs of fundraising, and 100% of proceeds go to these and many more initiatives worldwide.
- Loyalty Rewards Program.
Spending 100 PV (Personal Volume) each month entitles you to earn commission on yours and your team’s spending.
By spending 125 PV each month by the 15th of each month, you’re entitled to a FREE Product of the Month.
There may be extra incentives for special promotions from time to time.
If you can’t make those PV each month, just 1 PV will keep your points.
- Shipping Rewards. Whatever you spend on shipping, you earn loyalty rewards points too. And it’s dollar for dollar. So essentially it’s free shipping for the following month. Um, yeah. Kind of awesome.
- Commissions. It’s no secret that dōTERRA is a multi-level marketing company. But their rewards are one of the best you’ll find. And third party experts agree.
- Training & Teamwork. dōTERRA provide their own university for Wellness Advocates, with a wealth of resources to help you learn and succeed. It also happens that the team I’m on is headed up by the youngest Blue Diamond rank achiever in the world. We hold team meetings/classes/workshops monthly, where we share our experiences and ideas, and support each other. Any and all teams can attend the same training events – it’s a great way to educate yourself, both financially and socially!
- It’s a heart-centred business. The outpouring of generosity and kindness we have witnessed in dōTERRA has been astonishing. It truly feels like family. I don’t hear people bad-mouthing competitors; we are all here because we genuinely love the products, and want to share our successes with others.
Notice how we didn’t mention the compensation plan? We could have, because dōTERRA can and certainly would help you achieve financial freedom. But, that wasn’t one of our reasons for choosing dōTERRA. It just happens to be a bonus! Contact us if you’re ready to create abundance with dōTERRA also by partnering with us. We are part of Australia’s rapidly growing team of Wellness Advocates, who are changing the world, one drop at a time.
Sourcing Bergamot essential oil (Sicily)
Sourcing Vetiver essential oil (Haiti)
Why are doTERRA essential oils different to other brands?
The first thing you should do is read the label of any essential oil carefully. If it doesn’t state that it is 100% pure essential oil, it won’t be. Many oils might say 1% pure essential oil, and the rest will be fillers. Each doTERRA product is labelled “CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade” – the stamp of quality and efficacy.
Are doTERRA essential oils “certified organic”?
Actually no… but they do exceed it. “Certified organic” standard varies from country to country. Australia’s ACO is quite high in comparison to other countries. But as you could imagine, being a global company in this industry, people are expecting the best, and with no international standards, dōTERRA set about creating their own – Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG). So the essential oils not only meet the certified organic level, they exceed it.
How are essential oils made?
There are 2 main ways that essential oils can be extracted from the plant. doTERRA monitor every part of the process, and will reject any batch that does not meet their therapeutic grade quality.
- Steam Distilled
- Cold Pressed
Read more about the science behind the process here.